Monday, October 13, 2008

Rockin' For CHANGE at Penn State!

Here I sit in the Alleghany Mountains about 25 miles from my ultimate destination: Bryce Jordan Center on the Penn State University campus in State College, Pennsylvania.
Let's get this straight from the outset: I am a DEAD HEAD. Not a Grateful Dead Enthusiast or any crap of a different name. I have been listening to, following and trying to learn to the best of my ability the music of the Grateful Dead for nearly three decades, now.
The surviving members of the Dead are hooking up tonite, along with the members of the Allman Brothers Band to do a little stumping and fund raising for the Obama and Biden campaign. I'm a Yellow Dog Democrat and I'm willing to listen to almost any genre of music and genuinely enjoy it. I also listen to a lot of other political opinions and don't label people or think less of them for having opinions differing from my own. This is a great experience for me. I'm going to hear some great music, listen to some inspiring political stumping, eat ice cream at the oldest institution of ice cream manufacture and hopefully get to eat at "The Diner" while visiting.
The fall color is starting to peak here and if you think we have beautiful maples in Missouri, all I can say is, you have to see this to appreciate the difference.
I know most of you who read this do not hold with my socio-economic, political or cultural views. I CERTAINLY know nearly all of you don't like the music I do, but be the kind people I know you to be and allow for our differences and just wish me a "happy trip" and all will be well in my world.
I'll keep you all posted if anything earth-shattering happens while I'm here.
Oh yeah, I'm going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland on the return trip. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some photos on the blog for you to enjoy.

1 comment:

tom said...

ROCK on Nittany Lions